THE JUNGLE BOOK Opens in Theatres Everywhere
on April 15th, 2016!
“The Jung le Book” is an all – new live-action epic adventure about Mowgli (newcomer Neel Sethi), a man-cub raised in the jungle by a family of wolves , who embarks on a captivating journey of self – discovery when he’s forced to abandon the only home he’s ever known.
Directed by Jon Favreau (“Iron Man” ), based on Rudyard Kipling’s timeless stories and inspired by Disney’s classic animated film , “The Jungle Book” is an all-new live-action epic adventure about Mowgli ( newcomer Neel Sethi), a man-cub who’s been raised by a family of wolves.
The all-star cast also includes Lupita Nyong’o as the voice of the fiercely protective mother wolf Raksha , and Giancarlo Esposito as the voice of wolf pack’s alpha male Akela. “The Jungle Book” s eamlessly blends live-action with photorealistic CGI animals and environments , using up-to-the-minute technology and storytelling techniques to immerse audiences in an enchanting and lush world.
But Mowgli finds he is no longer welcome in the jungle when fearsome tiger Shere Khan (voice of Idris Elba) , who bears the scars of Man, promises to eliminate what he sees as a threat . Urged to abandon the only home he’s ever known , Mowgli embarks on a captivating journey of self – discovery, guided by panther-turned-stern mentor Bagheera (voice of Ben Kingsley), and the free-spirited bear Baloo (voice of Bill Murray).
Along the way, Mowgli encounters jungle creatures who don’t exactly have his best interests at heart, including Kaa (voice of Scarlett Johansson), a python whose seductive voice and gaze hypnotizes the man-cub, and the smooth-talking King Louie (voice of Christopher Walken), who tries to coerce Mowgli into giving up the secret to the elusive and deadly red flower: fire.
A few interesting facts about The Jungle Book Disney Movie.
• Neel Sethi, now 1 1 , was selected from thousands of candidates following a worldwide search for the perfect man-cub.
• The all-star voice cast includes Oscar-winners
– Ben Kingsley (“Learning to Drive,” “The Walk”)
– Lupita Nyong’o (“12 Years a Slave,” “ Star Wars: The Force Awakens”)
– Christopher Walken (” The Deer Hunter”)
– Bill Murray (“Lost in Translation”)
– Idris Elba (“Star Trek Beyond”)
– Scarlett Johansson (“Avengers: Age of Ultron”) and
– Giancarlo Esposito (“Breaking Bad’)
• Rudyard Kipling penned the collection of short stories, “The Jungle Book,” in the early 1890s from his home in Vermont.
• State-of-the-art technology is behind larger-than-life jungle creatures that join Neel Sethi’s Mowgli on screen in an all-new, immersive, jaw-dropping viewing experience. The film will be spectacular in 3D and IMAX 3D